Vauban Circular Walk

Vauban Circular Walk

Vauban Circular Walk

The Vauban Circular Walk, named after the famous French fortress builder, Sébastien le Prestre de Vauban (1633-1707), leads visitors through parts of the fortifications from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. The Vauban Circular Walk is one of the "Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe".

Points of interest

Vauban Towers

Vauban Towers

The Vauban Towers are named after the medieval constructions they replaced: the Eich Gate and the Bons Malades Gate. During the French siège, Vauban identified the largely u...

More

Learn More

Three Towers

Three Towers

The Three Towers belongs to historic monuments in Luxembourg-City. The square central tower dates from the time of the second fortification ring (probably around 1200) while two ci...

More

Learn More

Bock Promontory

Bock Promontory

In 963 Siegfried, Count of Ardenne, acquired this massive rocky ledge, the cradle of the city of Luxembourg, through bartering with the Saint Maximin Abbey in Trier. The rock on wh...

More

Learn More

Fort Thüngen

Fort Thüngen

Named after the Austrian commander-in-chief of the fortress, Baron of Thüngen, it was built in 1732 to enclose the defence work called Redoute du Parc (Park Redoubt) set up by...

More

Learn More

Fish Market

Fish Market

As the former crossroads between two Roman roads, it is the historical centre of the Old Town. The first markets took place here, on the forecourt of the castles of the Dukes. At t...

More

Learn More

Useful information

Map

Price

For regular guided tours:

Prices

Adults 0€

Vauban Circular Walk in pictures