In 1859 the first railway station of the city started to operate; for military reasons timber was the basic construction material.
Between 1907 and 1913 the German architects Rüdell, Jüsgen and Scheuffel planned and organized the gradual replacing of the half-timbering by modern building techniques.
The monumental main building and the high clock tower are in “Moselle Baroque”.
In the entrance hall a mosaic window discloses the outline of the city; the ceiling was repainted by the Luxembourg artist Armand Strainchamps.
Place de la Gare
+352 2489 2489
Watch pictures gallery
Monuments and places