Théâtre des Capucins in Luxembourg City
From 1623 to 1795 the buildings now functioning as theatre housed a Capuchin monastery.
The troops of the French Revolution seized it and employed it as powder magazine, depot for food supplies and garrison bakery, which was handed over to the city authorities in 1867.
Between 1869 and 1964 the former monastery church was used as city theatre.
After a complete restoration, the Capuchin Theatre, with its 269 seats, was opened here at the beginning of 1985 for home productions and guest performances.
Théâtre des Capucins in Luxembourg City in pictures