Before the site of Villa Louvigny became a radio station, the bastion and the Redoute Louvigny was a fortress bulwark. After the fortress was demolished, a popular excursion pub was established here, and later the first Velodrome of Luxembourg City was to be built there. From 1932 to 2005, the Ville Louvigny wrote Luxembourg radio history, as Luxembourg was and still is home to Europe's largest private radio station ( Radio Luxemburg, later RTL). Since the mid-1930s, modern studios were built for radio broadcasts. Radio Luxembourg could be heard from Scandinavia to Morocco - over 15 million listeners daily. During the German occupation, the studios were completely destroyed. In 1952, new studios and an auditorium were built, which served as a rehearsal and concert hall for the former RTL orchestra and from where the "Grand Prix Eurovision" was broadcast twice to 150 million viewers. Today, Villa Louvigny belongs to the state and the Ministry of Health was housed there until 2022.