Join us for a Dig Deep Improv Jam. An open mic show where you can get up on stage and perform OR simply sit back, relax and be entertained by amazing unscripted theatre!
Improv Jams are the perfect opportunity to get up on stage, play improv games and do scenes in a safe and encouraging environment. Improv jams are the next step from beginner to intermediate improviser. Perhaps you’ve been taking some improv lessons and would love to put your learning into practice, or maybe you’re looking for a new challenge and an adrenaline rush all while making new friends - well now you can! Simply throw your name in the jam jar on the night, once your name is called you can jump on stage and get a feel for what it’s like to perform improv in front of a live audience.
Your host Melissa will moderate all scenes and games, jumping in to help if necessary and ensuring everyone feels confident so you know that you’re in safe hands from start to finish. There will also be a warm-up at the beginning to ease us all in. If you prefer to just stay in the audience and watch then that’s perfectly okay too, there is no pressure to get on stage.
So grab a friend or two, book your tickets and meet us in the bar before and after the jam to get to know your fellow improvisors.
Tickets: Buy 2 tickets and get the 3rd one half price!
How does it work?
If you only want to watch:
- Show up
- Grab a drink
- Sit back, relax and get ready to be entertained!
If you want to jam:
- Show up
- Grab a drink
- Throw your name in the Jam jar
- Warm up with the host
- Sit in the audience and be entertained by your fellow improvisors
- When your name is called jump on stage and have some fun!
- What’s the difference between the Dig Deep workshops/courses and jams? The workshops are focused on learning and progression, you receive feedback and we will break down games and exercises so we can all focus on improv skills as a group. In a jam there will be no feedback given, you might be playing with improvisers you’ve never met before and unlike workshops there will be a live audience.
- I’m scared, I’m not that experienced with improv. What if I am rubbish and not funny? Don’t worry! A jam is not meant to be a fully professional and perfect performance. There is no pressure to be good or funny or clever - it is an opportunity to practise, meet new people and most of all have fun! Plus your host (Melissa) will be supervising all the scenes and will jump in to help if you need it, she is there to make you look extra great (not that you need it)
- Can I put my name in the jar if I have never done improv before? If you’ve never tried improv before we invite you to attend one of our Taster workshops before joining a jam session. This will enable you to be comfortable with how improv works and to help you feel more confident.
- Do I have to buy a ticket in advance? Booking in advance is advised so we know how many people to expect on the night. If there are not enough tickets booked in advance the event may not go ahead
- Do I have to get up and perform? Nope, if you prefer to watch and support the other improvisors from the audience that is perfectly fine
- What language is the jam in? English
- Do I have to be a native speaker or fluent? Definitely not, if you find yourself blocked by language remember you can always improvise using sounds, body language or even speak in gibberish!
Want more info? www.melissa-dalton.com/digdeepimprov
Follow Dig Deep on Instagram and Facebook!