When? End of August till mid September
John the Blind (Count of Luxembourg and King of Bohemia) founded in 1340 a fair to give Luxembourg a higher importance in the supra-regional trading business.
The Schhueberfouer was first held on the Plateau du Saint-Esprit and changed then its position many times. By the end of the 19th century it was held for the first time on the Glacis field. It is today a big annual funfair and part of the luxembourgish popular spirit, it is one of the oldest and liveliest traditions in Luxembourg.